Friday, July 26, 2013

Adios, Jag

Well. Here I am. Same place, no car. Sold the Jag. Paid July and August rent. Can barely think in complete sentences.

Being carless in Los Angeles is almost a misdemeanor. I feel like I've been caught doing something shady and my punishment is public transportation. Although, I have to say that I can get just about anywhere via bus, and, thanks to my trusty Samsung phone, I can at least be productive while I ride.

Mark's coming over tonight for mojitos and mosaic crafting. Who would have thought he'd become my new bestie? We've both discovered that we're crafty - thank you Pinterest! We love you Youtube! So far we've tried flowers made of diet Coke cans, flowers made of coffee filters, and flowers made of melted plastic spoons. Mosaic flowers are now on deck...and if I could figure out how to embed the pinterest photo here, I would. Go to my Pinterest board 'Craft Ideas' at 'Alexis Wiseman' to see our current inspiration.

Got another temporary, part-time job...uh...yippee? Actually, it pays ten bucks an hour and - best part - it's walking distance! Mark has a friend who owns apartment buildings and he needs someone to organize his office. He had brain tumor surgery about three months ago and the office is totally messed up. Anyhow, I'm helping him whip the place back into shape...slowly, very, very s-l-o-w-l-y.

I'm not sure why, but I've developed a taste for curry lately. Here's my latest quickie meal -

Curry Rice and Vegetables
Follow the directions on a package of instant rice (use two servings - one barely takes the edge off) with the following modifications:
- add an extra quarter-cup of water, 1/2 tsp curry powder, 1/2 tsp turmeric, dash black pepper and bring to a boil. Add 1/2 cup frozen vegetables (I like Northern-style Chinese) and boil for 2 minutes.
- Add instant rice and 1 tsp coconut oil to the vegetables. Remove from heat, cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff an serve.

1 comment:

  1. I am a very happy woman with the help of Lord Krish Spiritual who helped me restore my relationship with my ex husband. My name is Agnes Smith and I am from Alaska, USA. I met Lord Krish Spiritual through a testimony online and I never thought I would have my ex husband back after 4 years of separation. After my contact with his email, he told me not to worry and I would really be happy as I am now. Trusting in his words was a right decision for me. After 2 days, my ex husband called me that he wants to return back to me and live with me forever and I was very shocked. This made me believe in Lord Krish is really a very great spiritual man. Today, I am very happy to write this testimony about him and want others to testify to his power as I am currently happy in my restored marriage. Contact Lord Krish Spiritual through his email at lordkrishshrine@gmail.com to help you solve that relationship problems in your marriage.

    ReplyDelete