Sunday, June 9, 2013

From the Headlines

OMG! did you read about that guy, Papa Joe Aviance, who lost a ton of weight eating from the '99-cent' store!? What did I tell you guys? It's an awesome place to shop, and it's not all about the junk food, either. You go, Papa Joe!

File this under 'what-the-hell-is-happening-to-us': Santa Monica College, where five people were gunned down on Friday, is about a mile and a half from my apartment. It's as if the 'nice-guy-suit' that most people walk around wearing is beginning to fray and split at the seams. I mean, violence is a constant, I get that, and stuff like this has been happening all along but it seems to me that more people are boiling over faster and bringing down more victims more often. Is is just me, or does it seem that way to any of you? So many people are unemployed, and a growing percentage of them aren't even being counted because they've just given up. They live in friend's garages, on auntie's couches, in tents in their ex's backyards, or in walmart parking lots in their cars. And those are just the 'homed'; let's not even start on the 'homeless'.

It makes me ashamed of my recent whining, and all the more determined to get a job. Or make a job, or something...

No comments:

Post a Comment