Tuesday, May 6, 2014

The Ventura Swap Meet

Nothing too exciting happened for the next few weeks after I got fired from my shitty job, except that Mark and Kurt finally came up for air and invited me over for a barbeque. Ever since Kurt came into his life, Mark has been dressing like a regular guy. No more blue wigs and lingerie, at least not in public. He's actually kind of hunky and I'd almost be jealous except for that I seem to have more fun with the two of them together than I ever did with either of them alone. They are honest-to-god soulmates (ok, I'm getting close to the gag reflex but it is true, damn it!) and don't do the drama queen stuff. They're fun, but actually act like growups.

We were sitting outside on ratty lawnchairs, roasting chicken thighs on the Webber, and listening to me complain about money when Kurt jumped up and gasped "Oh my God! I've got the greatest idea! Let's do the Ventura Swap meet!" Ok, maybe he is 'un peu' swishy and dramatic, but honestly, it just adds to his charm.

The Ventura Swap Meet is a huge outdoor market that happens throughout the year at the Ventura Fair Grounds.  It's an awesome location right near the beach. I hadn't been there since 1985 when my friend Sandy's mother took us to a Grateful Dead show there. She was an old hippie and was always doing mildly inappropriate things around us kids. Not sexual or creepy but things like getting her wiccan friends over for a seance or smoking pot in the back yard when she thought we were asleep. I'm so glad my parents were clueless. If they knew the kind of stuff I was exposed to at Sandy's they would have forbidden me to hang out with her.

Sandy died in a car accident on Grad Night on the way to Disneyland  with three of our classmates. Oh shit, now I'm crying. I'll finish this post later.

1 comment:

  1. I am a very happy woman with the help of Lord Krish Spiritual who helped me restore my relationship with my ex husband. My name is Agnes Smith and I am from Alaska, USA. I met Lord Krish Spiritual through a testimony online and I never thought I would have my ex husband back after 4 years of separation. After my contact with his email, he told me not to worry and I would really be happy as I am now. Trusting in his words was a right decision for me. After 2 days, my ex husband called me that he wants to return back to me and live with me forever and I was very shocked. This made me believe in Lord Krish is really a very great spiritual man. Today, I am very happy to write this testimony about him and want others to testify to his power as I am currently happy in my restored marriage. Contact Lord Krish Spiritual through his email at lordkrishshrine@gmail.com to help you solve that relationship problems in your marriage.

    ReplyDelete