Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Why I Don't Facebook

Notice that I've used 'facebook' as a verb, not a noun. I use facebook daily, it's a requirement of my new job (which I will get to eventually, I promise!) but I don't post photos of my cat, location updates complete with photos proving it, cutsie memes, or drunken rants about my personal life that I discover the next morning and quickly delete, hoping that no one has read/copied/shared already.

Did you know that facebook is the biggest and most powerful facial recognition software on the planet? It's true. Even the DoD and Homeland Security don't have better. Frequent posters leave a trail of breadcrumbs about their lives and whereabouts that can never be obliterated. It lives in the great 'cloud' of the internet, which is akin to Santa's list, as far as I can tell. They're making their list and checking it twice, people. Think about it.

But like I said, I use facebook every day, along with twitter, instagram, tumbler, pinterest, a host of lesser known social networks and, of course, that archaic but undead cryptkeeper of a network, MySpace.

The amount of personal, incriminating, vulnerable, and dangerous information that people continue to post, even after we've all finally gotten a clue, is staggering. Jeeze Louise, people are stupid animals.  God, if you're up there and listening, maybe you should have stuck with the dinosaurs and left bipedal hominoids on the drawing board.

A big part of  my every workday consists of research,  and most of that is accomplished through social media. I'm also, oddly enough, required to stay current with the print media, Star, National Enquirer, and People, specifically.

But I'm getting ahead of myself.  Before I can bring you up to speed on my job I need to finish the backstory.  So, back to crafts, the swap meet, and the conflagration that ruined everything.

1 comment:

  1. I am a very happy woman with the help of Lord Krish Spiritual who helped me restore my relationship with my ex husband. My name is Agnes Smith and I am from Alaska, USA. I met Lord Krish Spiritual through a testimony online and I never thought I would have my ex husband back after 4 years of separation. After my contact with his email, he told me not to worry and I would really be happy as I am now. Trusting in his words was a right decision for me. After 2 days, my ex husband called me that he wants to return back to me and live with me forever and I was very shocked. This made me believe in Lord Krish is really a very great spiritual man. Today, I am very happy to write this testimony about him and want others to testify to his power as I am currently happy in my restored marriage. Contact Lord Krish Spiritual through his email at lordkrishshrine@gmail.com to help you solve that relationship problems in your marriage.

    ReplyDelete